Monday, April 01, 2002

I love long weekends!
Happy end of long weekend, boy, I could have used another day off! This weekend was beautiful! The sun was bright and warm and melted a lot of the pesky snow. Friday we cleaned up the house a bit and wandered around. Saturday we went out first thing in the morning to Reno Depot and picked up flowers for my mom. We got a lily, some hyacinths, tulips and some pretty purple things (not sure what they're called). We also picked up a new plant for the bathroom (killed the old one) and this beautiful pacific jade tree/plant. It's huge and was only $20, so we brought it home and set it in the window. Steve's named it Ramona. I hope that Ramona is comfortable in her new home. I discovered the Reno has a 1 year warranty on its plants, I'll keep the receipt just in case :-) After that, we went for a walk in the sunshine, great day!
Sunday we went up to the folks. It was a perfect day for driving, sunny and dry roads. We had a good time visiting and had a big lunch. My grandmother and aunt came over later for tea and dessert. We got lots of chocolate, gonna have to get rid of it or freeze it or something.
Today is rainy and grey, I could have slept in so easily. It's a perfect day for reading in a comfy chair. It's another quiet day at work, I've been told that we're going to get the specs for the upcoming version soon, which means lots of work coming up and some actual writing! Woo hoo! In the meantime, I need a nap......

No comments: