Tuesday, April 16, 2002

Heat wave
It's going up to 26C here today! I didn't wear a coat today! I'm just too darn excited about weather! I got up early this morning and walked to the metro instead of driving to work. The walk is a brisk 30 minutes along Monkland, which is a nice morning walk to wake up and clear your head. It was 16C when I left the house and it misted for the entire walk. I don't think that we're going to get any sun today, but we got humidity!
Yesterday was a whirlwind at work. A whole bunch of really dull work has to be done by this afternoon. I didn't stop for lunch and the day zoomed by.
Last night Steve and I walked up Monkland to this great Lebanese restaurant. Good prices and great food that we ate on the terrasse. Yay! Our first terrasse meal of the year. The chicken brochettes were tender and juicy and well seasoned.
We got the strangest phone call last night. I picked it up and did my usual cheery answering of the phone, and there was this guy at the other end. I though that it was one of Steve's buddies and did the "hi, how are you doing? etc etc". The guy asked if I knew who this was, I said "no", then he told me to guess. He gave me hints, such as his eye colour and height, and finally said that we had met at the Cavendish Mall six weeks ago and that I had given him my phone number. Seeing as how I haven't been to Cavendish Mall for over a year, this seemed very unlikely. I asked who he wanted to talk to and he said that the woman in question hadn't given him her name. Poor loser, got the brush off and he was too stupid to realise........
Stupid plasterer
The plasterer was supposed to show up yesterday morning. Steve and I waited and waited. I finally left for work and Steve waited until 9:30 and then left. He lost an entire morning of work. The plasterer finally called Steve around noon to say that he was at another job. He's supposed to come and start Wednesday, we'll see. We've told him to come very early.
The weekend
We had a lovely weekend. Saturday we drove throught the rain to more rain up at the folks and had a good birthday party for my Dad. He really liked the chainsaw. Mom made a feast and a few friends of the family came for lunch, including Louise who was celebrating her 91st birthday. She's still in great shape. When she was in her 80s, she started writing children's books. Sunday was full of moving things around for the plasterer. Steve did almost everything while I was out running a few errands. Later, Maggie and her mom-in-law showed up and we got a belated wedding gift, a wonderful clock in the shape of a wave. We are so spoiled.

No comments: