Thursday, April 18, 2002

No walk this morning
I left the house ready to walk this morning, but my heal rubbing painfully against my shoe told me that I'd get five blocks and be in extreme pain so I brought the car to work. Probably just as well since I have to pick up heavy catfood on the way home today.
Dina's big adventure
I left at 4:00 yesterday so that I'd have plenty of time to get home and get Steve to the STC meeting. I got to the metro and figured that I'd take it to Villa Maria and then walk home down Monkland from there because I'd have time. The metro was stopped until 5:15 for some reason, so I walked back up to street level and viewed my options. People were lined up at the bus stop and there wasn't a bus in sight, so I decided to start walking and I'd grab a cab when I found one. Off I went and walked, and walked, and walked, all the way to Monkland! By that time it was nearly 5, and I managed to find a cab and got home in time. I estimate that the walk took 50 minutes, but I was rushing. It was not a nice walk due to the heat and exhaust. I do not recommend it.
The STC meeting was very good. Geoff gave a presentation on audience analysis which made me think differently about the way that I view my audience. Afterwards, Steve, Geoff, his girlfriend Shoshanna, Bill and I went out to a restaurant and had a beer and some appetizers and chatted about science fiction, the presentation and the story of the courtship of Geoff and Shoshanna. We got home late and I was bushed from all the walking. Dina had a big day.

No comments: