Wednesday, April 10, 2002

Life Gets Even Faster
Hi everybody! Sorry I haven't given any sign of life for a while (although I've been faithfully checking in on you each day). As Dina and Kathy have been hinting, I've made some real changes lately that are only starting to sink in. For starters, I've given notice at my regular job and will be starting freelancing next week. Don't know if this professional suicide or a smart move, but I decided to listen to the signs (or angels, or whatever higher being you like, depending on whether you talk to some of my friends or my mom), which were all pointing me toward working for myself. In short, I need more flexibility than I can get from an 8 to 5 job and am tired of hearing the usual crap about being at the top of my salary category or field, blah blah blah. So I took the plunge.

In the short term, the pace has definitely picked up as I set up my office at home with a computer, high-speed internet, tax numbers and all the other fun aspects of being self-employed. : P I'm also madly trying to finish a couple of contracts before I start a new intensive gig at a client next week. The upside, however, is I'll be home on Monday when my daughter comes home from school and can hear all about her very exciting day. I can't wait.

No comments: