Thursday, April 04, 2002

Trip to Walmart
What I was supposed to buy: coffee
What I bought:
  • coffee (yay! get outta the store, now!)
  • decaf tea (well, I did want to get some)
  • cheerios (I have been craving them for weeks)
  • hand lotion (needed some for the office)
  • crispy mini rice cakes (better than chips)
  • potato soup (can you believe it? it's the only place in town that has it)
  • licorice (better than chocolate)
  • ponytail things (I can only find one at home...get me out of this store!!!)

Steve's blog today reminded me that three companies that I worked for have been in the business section of the newspaper in the past three days. One is closing their Montreal head office, the second is laying off half it's employees, and the third just got a big contract with the US military. I worked at the first two companies very recently, in fact the three companies that I worked at before this one, have experienced massive layoffs since I left. They obviously overestimated the incredible work I do. The third had many problems after I left, but it has been more than ten years since I was there and they have managed to get themselves back together. Now, am I a harbinger of doom, or do I just have impeccable timing?

No comments: