Monday, April 08, 2002

It's 6:30am, why is it dark?
Something knocked me out completely this morning, I don't know if it was daylight savings time, the grey morning, the light rain, or the walking from yesterday, but I could barely move. By the time I got to work I could have crawled under my desk or better yet, slept in the car in the parking lot. It's starting to get a bit better, but I think that I'll be going to bed early tonight.
Saturday we hung out and relaxed and did a tiny amount of cleaning. Maggie came over in the afternoon and she came with me to the hairdresser. My hair really doesn't look much different than before, just a bit shorter and better shaped. The dead ends are all gone too. It looked pretty good after the hairdresser diffused the crap out of it and it was all curly, of course this morning I only managed to get it to frizz up...sigh.....
Saturday evening we went over to Terence's place for Geek Night and watched many old cartoons and tv shows, it was tons of fun to see things that I watched when I was a kid and see some other stuff that I hadn't even heard of. Thanks Terence!
Sunday we went for a walk. Our mission was to walk to the grocery store in Westmount that sells diet Dr. Pepper, or at least they used to. We walked all the way down Monkland and then down and across. The store was closed (doh!), but we got some veggies (parsley, asparagus, strawberries, scallions), stopped for a sandwich and meandered home. We were walking for three hours, and let me tell you I feel it today :-0
We also picked up some fresh fish. I made this parsley and dill yogurt topping that was very tasty! We cooked up the asparagus that we bought and had a real feast. Sunday night we watched "Ghost World". It wasn't bad, but I found it quite long. For a real review, check Steve's blog.
Steve made bread last night that nearly exploded out of the bread machine. Maybe there was too much water. It flowed over the top of the container and was the consistency of pilsbury biscuits, fluffy but good. It doesn't hold together very well for sandwiches.
Not to be cruel, but I flipped over to CBC this morning and the gentleman reading the news had an obvious speech impediment. He sounded a bit like Elmer Fudd and I had to wonder why he was on the radio at all. Are they letting everyone not locked out of the station have a turn?

No comments: