Tuesday, April 23, 2002

Layoffs? where?where?
I heard that the company I work for is laying off 20,000 people over the next two years and restructuring. It was on the radio yesterday and in the paper today. I suppose at one time I would have been terror-stricken, but now I'm just blasé. Turns out that our office is staying open because we're one of the cheaper offices due to the dollar, tax rebates, etc. Looks like lots of projects will be transferred here, which is great for us. My particular department is being included in something called Business Unit Global Services. I'm going to belong to BUGS. I'm trying to decide if it's insects or the rabbit.
Went out for a bit of grocery shopping last night with Steve and ran into Rhett. There's talk of the two of them becoming shopping buddies. This can only be a good thing, Rhett's cart was loaded with fruits, veggies and other healthy things, as opposed to Steve's cart with cookies.......

No comments: