Wednesday, April 17, 2002

Heat wave, day 2
Walked to the metro again this morning. The only damage I've sustained so far is a blister on my little toe. I think that it was caused by a seam in my sock. Nothing that a well-placed bandaid can't fix.
It was 19C at 6:30am. It's supposed to go up to 28 or so, we broke a record yesterday. It's like late July here! There's even a severe storm warning, but it's sunny outside. It's going back to normal this weekend, 9 or 10C, so it looks like April summer will be over.
They cranked up the air conditioning at the office. Yesterday it was a bit warm, so I decided that I would dress a bit lighter. Now I'm cold and wondering if I should hit up a cheap clothing store at lunch for a sweater.
We're going to Toronto this weekend. I wouldn't normally do this by choice, but we're going to visit some friends. As it turns out, Steve's mom is going to be in town as well visiting her sister, so we'll meet up with her too. We're taking the train out on Friday afternoon, so I'm cutting out early from work. I don't think that this will be a problem because now that the rush is over, there's not much to do. I'm making up work for myself and hoping to get another project soon. I've been told that I don't have to worry about my contract being renewed, so we'll see what happens.
There's an STC meeting tonight out on the West Island. I'm leaving a bit early so I can meet Steve back at home and head out. Bill and Justin are also supposed to be hitching rides.

No comments: