Monday, March 11, 2002

Weekend review
We had a great weekend! Friday night was dinner at Byblos for Adriana's birthday. The Iranian food was very tasty and flavorful, I'd do that again! We got home late and puttered on Saturday. Saturday night we went to Kathy and Ralph's for fine French fare and excellent conversation. Their oldest dog, Willie, was ready for us, bringing us all his balls and toys to throw and play with. Trevor, the young one, had an attack of "strangers in my house-run!" He finally came up to me by the end of the evening, but was very unsure. He'll probably grow out of that with age. The drive home from the West Island was wild! We had a huge wind storm Sat. night and into Sunday. At times, I heard that the wind got up to 100km/hr. That's a good wind! There was all sorts of garbage and leaves flying everywhere on the road, sort of like a small hurricane or tornado. At certain times, the garbage was moving faster than we were! We got about halfway home when the heavy rain started and lightening. It turned cold overnight and by the time Sunday rolled around it was somewhat snowy, followed by brilliant sunshine and then 15 minutes of snow so heavy that you couldn't see 10 feet in front of you. Bizarre! Sunday was a totally useless day for me, I watched some tv, napped, and did a few groceries. Tonight I'm going to give muffins another try, this time I'm going for a less healthy recipe so they have some flavour....

No comments: