Thursday, July 12, 2001

New PuppyI know all you guys out there are just sitting on the edge of your seats for this blog, but seeing as one can be a little self-indulgent here, I will be....

Yes, I got a new (Sheltie) tri-colour puppy finally after 2 years of waiting. He will be the companion to my 6 year-old (sable) Sheltie male Willie. The puppy's name is Trevor and I believe the kennel name will be Silkseal's Smoke and Mirrors.

Tomorrow he will be 8 weeks old and he is bundle of energy, a constant motion machine of curiousity, enthusiasm and an avid ball player. For those of you who know about Willie, (a ballaholic from way back), this is bound to be an interesting relationship.

Needless to say, after my first week, I am completely pooped and in dire need of some sleep. I had forgotten just what it was like and have a deep respect and appreciation for all of you with small children. The good news is, my husband is actually very helpful in this project and I can count on him to take over when I collapse on my sofa and take that needed nap!


No comments: