Thursday, July 19, 2001

Thursday!
Almost Friday, Weeeee! I'm very tired, forgot to set the alarm last night, luckily I have that internal clock thing going on. I woke up with enough time to not be late. It's another hot day here, looks like we're going to have some perfect summer weather for the weekend. I've invited the folks in to have a look at the place and have some lunch. I didn't sell anything yesterday, but did rewrite the installation chapters of two manuals. The invitations are progressing, should have everything ready soon! I was talking to one of my friends last night from Nortel and she said that everyone's really demoralized over there. There's only so many times that you can cut staff and ignore the extreme contributions and efforts of those left before you become jaded and start wondering why you're bothering. Melissa stopped by for a quick hello as well.
A couple of days ago, we received a Final Notice from a baliff of Montreal for the woman who used to live at our place. It was a 48 hours warning that if she didn't pay $180, they were going to come and seize stuff. Steve called the number on the paper and it looks like all we have to do is present our lease to whoever shows up at the door. Problem is, we don't have our lease right now. The landlady didn't sign parts of the lease by mistake (new forms), so we gave them back to her son (our friend Dave) so that she could sign them. He was supposed to come over last night with the lease, but he didn't, so I'm hoping that there are no gorillas in suits on the doorstep when I get home.

No comments: