Tuesday, July 24, 2001

Steve was telling me about this pro anorexia movement last night and I couldn't believe it. I suppose you have the right to be dangerously thin, but to celebrate it and share diet tips? I've often wondered why people decide to starve themselves. Is it the media-driven ideal of thinness, or is it that these people are so unhappy that they're trying to become children again? Perhaps it's a bit of both. I guess it's also to get attention. What happened to these people to make them so unhappy with themselves, so under-nourished emotionally?

The sales stint is still going well. I'm having fun and learning some stuff. I like the team too, which is great! I left work early yesterday and went home and slept. I wasn't feeling well, kinda achy and restless. The nap did me a world of good. I was very thankful for the air conditioner in the bedroom. Worked a bit on the invitations and slept some more. I seem to be much better this morning.

No comments: