Friday, May 10, 2002

Friday!
My folks stopped by last night. Normally, this would never happen because my folks live a two-hour drive away and they don't like driving in the city. They used to live here, but with age and country living comes an absolute fear of driving around other cars. They come into town maybe twice a year to drop something off or lend a hand with a project, the rest of the time we drive out there for the day to visit. My folks came into town to visit a relative who had a three-hour stop over at the airport. My folks had never been to the airport, so they called on Monday to find out if I could take the afternoon off and take them there (presumably from my place). I couldn't take the time off, so they were forced to make it there alone. Despite their misgivings, they got there just fine, had a nice visit, and made it to NDG without incident. They brought Diet Dr Pepper with Spiderman on the cans! We decided to take them out for Chinese food, which went over very well. We ordered things that the folks had never tried and they discovered that they really like green tea. We sent them home with the doggie bag (they're always loading us up with food, so this was our revenge). My Dad's fortune was "You will try something new today", which couldn't have been truer. Mine said "You have an unsual talent for success, use it properly". What do you think? Is that me?
We are going to try very hard to finish the livingroom walls on Saturday. Sunday we are off to the townies for Mom day, we're going to BBQ and change snow tires!

I just looked across the hall and saw my boss cleaning his phone. Do I look that obsessive-compulsive when I clean my phone? Nah, that can't be......

No comments: