Wednesday, May 22, 2002

I meant to do that
I was at the gym last night and was doing my stint on the ellyptical trainer. I love these things, smooth, gliding motions, none of that up and down jerky hurt-my-knees type motion. They do take some getting used to. The ones at my gym seem to have a shorter stride than the ones I used a couple of years ago. I stab at the buttons randomly because I have no idea what the settings mean and just start moving. Once I'm moving, I know how to make the slope steeper and increase the resistance (or not, as the case may be). I thought that I was getting pretty good at this machine, yeah, I'm way too cocky. I've watched some people using the machines while swinging their arms back and forth. This seemed more constructive than holding on to the bars, it didn't look that hard. Picture about twenty people turning to stare at the klutz woman falling backwards, flailing her arms and almost falling right off the machine. Maybe I'll go in tonight with a bag over my head.......

No comments: