Tuesday, May 07, 2002

My hair comes out so light and fluffy!
I went to Walmart (surprise!) and bought a hairdryer exactly like the one that broke. I bought the old one about two years ago, but this one is the spitting image, same colour, same size, shape, and power. The only difference was that my old one came with a diffuser and a straightening attachment, and this one came with something called a "volumizer", which looks like a spiky plastic torture device from the depths of hell. Still, my diffuser fits on it just like the old one, so I'm all set. This morning I tried it for the first time. You ever notice that when you're running on autopilot the least deviation from the normal routine can freak you right out? The hairdryer, the exact same hairdryer, makes a different sound. As soon as I turned it on, I jumped and stared at it (by the way, you really shouldn't look directly at a hairdryer nozzle that's turned on) and turned it off. I turned it on again. It's quieter, softer, wimpier. It doesn't roar like the old one, it's like the good twin of my old hairdryer. I miss the evil twin.......
We didn't paint last night, we were too tired. I stayed up and watched NottingHill on tv, what a waste of time. For some reason, they stretched it out to 3 hours. I should have gone to bed early. Tonight is the late night at work. We receive the files from our office in NY at 4pm so we can put them into something that resembles manuals.
Steve just told me that my Cuban boxset has arrived at HMV-yay!!! I may have something new to listen to tomorrow!
A colleague at work brought me an Amish friendship cake starter, it works like sourdough. It takes 10 days to make, then I will have two or three starters to give away, any takers?

No comments: