Friday, May 17, 2002

What's that smell?
It was a typical morning: got to work , got myself a cup of coffee, took the elevator upstairs, walked to my office, sat down and started the computer, etc. I scratched my nose. I smelled something different. Somewhere between the car and my desk I got men's cologne on two fingers on my right hand. How the heck did I do that? I've narrowed it down to the elevator button or a door handle. My next question is how much cologne do you have to be wearing in order to leave enough of it behind on a door handle or elevator button? Maybe they sprayed it on the elevator buttons? The cologne reminded me of someone, problem is I don't remember who. I've always found smell memories so baffling, mine tend to be very elusive. I recognize a smell, but sometimes I just can't put it together with the memory before the odor vanishes. I washed my hands, now they smell like institutional pink soap - blech!
Workout update - I went again last night. Today, I am acutely aware of which arm and shoulder muscles I use on a regular basis. Perhaps I will give the arms a day's rest.......

No comments: