Friday, July 17, 2009

I'm making waffles!


Another day, I'm sure that I did stuff... I felt pretty busy.
Got home with the kids and we were all starved so we did a leftover supper of odds and ends. I still had enchilada filling in the fridge so I used that, and pasta for Ben, and chicken and random stuff for Nomi. I have to do more prep work on suppers for the kids - we get home at supper time so they can't wait that long to eat or they get all crazy - I understand because when I don't eat I kinda lose my mind. Despite the fact that I know this happens and I know I forget to eat ALL the time, I never think to bring food with me. The man of my dreams may turn out to be the one who always carries a Snickers bar in his pocket, although it'd be pretty melted I suppose......
So I flipped on the tv while I was trying to install some software and there was this interesting documentary on food on CBC, but I didn't end up watching it because I had stuff to do. I made a batch of waffles and some granola. Breakfasts have been challenging this week, for some reason Naomi has decided to eschew her homemade bread and butter addiction, and Ben has been kinda eh with his standards. I normally only do waffles on the weekend and then we eat leftovers during the week, but I figured what the heck I'd do them tonight, and I've been out of granola for three days so it was time.
The bit of the doc that I did see showed this grocery store in Ohio called Jungle Jim's. It has a monorail running outside! And it's apparently the place to go for all things ethnic. I must go. Every place I travel to I treat grocery stores like tourist attractions. I love going up and down the aisles and seeing all the weird new food. And let's not get started about open-air markets! I walked through a great one in Amsterdam.
I will get around to writing about my trip. I can't wait to go back.

No comments: