Wednesday, July 08, 2009

sleeping under the same moon

The moon is so gorgeous tonight. I spent a lot of time looking at it and thinking about how amazing the world is and how everyone I love and everyone who loves me can all see the same damn moon. One of my friends had a baby today, a new life. It just doesn't get more amazing than that. A new little person to inhabit this world and share its joy and its pain. I've always believed in the idea that there is something bigger than me at work - not god, but an energy that exists between people, bringing things together when they need to be brought together, creating connections, love, life, opportunity, if you just give it the chance. That sounds flaky I know, eh, maybe I'm a big flake. What I do know is the more that you fight something you feel, the more the world fights you. In the end, you are better to go with the feeling and see where it takes you and let it teach you something. I'm learning, I'm learning.

No comments: