Saturday, July 11, 2009

morning

So far the weather prediction is bunk – it was supposed to pour rain and yet it's a beautiful early sunny morning, light streaming in through my window, a cool breeze giving me goosebumps. Nomi woke early and crawled in for a cuddle, bliss until she started booping my nose. They are now watching a movie and I am showered and back in bed with a coffee. I get so much done on the principle of “I'm up anyway”. Kids are great for that, they are the reason that you find yourself scrubbing the toilet at 3am.
I've always loved early mornings, that feeling that you are one of the few experiencing the new day, the quiet, the foggy misty stuff that happens before the sun burns it off, the peace. Running really early is something that I've started to enjoy with my free mornings – the feeling that I am alone in the world, hearing my feet hit the pavement, the sound of my breath – and I'm up anyways.....
The tentative plan for today is to go down to our breakfast restaurant and then take the metro to the Jazz Fest for the children's show at 11. If we miss it there's another one at 1:30. After that the weather will decide what we do – either to the park for swimming or home for cookie baking. Steve's taking the kids tonight. I had some plans but they fell through so now I'm thinking about maybe going down to the port for fireworks, we'll see......

No comments: