Tuesday, August 14, 2001

Canada Post woes
So we finally get the wedding invitations out last week and now I'm getting grief about receiving the invitations! Well, not grief exactly, but guilt at the very least. All of the ones to be mailed were chucked into the same mailbox, at the same time, no exceptions. My folks, aunt and cousin all got their invitations yesterday, my grandmother did not. This wouldn't be a big problem except that my grandmother lives with my aunt and cousin. My folks asked if I sent one and why it didn't arrive at the same time. Apparently, I have some secret control over national mail delivery that I didn't know about. Steve's grandmother got hers (in BC-that was fast!), but his aunt (they also live together) did not. Anyway, I ignored my folks, but felt kinda bad for my grandma. The only reason that she's coming to the wedding is because we guilted her into it because Steve's grandma's coming from BC and mine didn't want to sit in the car for two hours. I know that she's not a spring chicken, but if she can go to Magog with my folks (1 hour each way) and then wander around Zellers for a couple of hours, she can make it to my wedding. She can take a nap in the afternoon, sleep in the car, enjoy the wedding, and leave around 9 or so when she's had enough. My aunt has another wedding reception to attend that evening, so she'll take grandma home and move on. Also, my dad claims that he doesn't know how to get the wedding despite the fact that I've included a map with the invitations! Maybe I should hire a family sitter. Ack!

Love the free cable No one's turned our cable off yet, so I'm still in the throes of tons of tv! I've become hooked on Junkyard Wars. They give two teams something to build in a set amount of time using parts and scrap that they find in the junkyard on the set. It's very amusing and you always learn something. Last night they had to make dragsters. It will be very sad when they take our cable away....

No comments: