Wednesday, August 29, 2001

Need a blog fix....

With our main bloggette (?) Dina on vacation this week, the blog is a little flat. Okay, it's boring without a daily entry to look at. Two things I do every day, I reach for the newspaper and then head to the blog. Yup I'm an addict, and the blog goes well with a cup of strong coffee.

So while Dina continues getting ready for her wedding, let me share something with you. Elizabeth has already "heard"a part of this story, but I think it bears repetition. There are no bats in it though, but it is supposed to entertain at my expense.

Yesterday, August 28th was an auspicious day of sorts. It was the 10th anniversary of my employment at CDS. Major anniversaries entitle an employee to a lunch and a token of recognition--a company pin and a gift. I received neither yesterday and I didn't even hear from my boss. However, I did discover that I work in Toronto (even though I am here in Montreal). I was getting ready to post our internal newsletter on our Intranet and I scanned the anniversaries for the month of August and there it was, Kathy Mosher CEO office Toronto. (My boss also proofread this newsletter!). So I fired off an email to my boss asking her if I had been cloned and was in fact in the Toronto office. Apparently not, I am here and yes, this would have to be corrected. That was the extent of her reply to me.

Our CEO however, has been here on an extended visit in Montreal to talk to the troops here in the office and do a bunch of other things. We had our big meeting with him in the morning (which went very well). So once he'd delivered his message and done the yak, yak with all of us I figured that was it, I wouldn't be seeing him until at least October.

Of course, it didn't turn out that way. I really have to learn to keep my shoes on. Later in the afternoon as I was snacking on the juiciest peach I have ever eaten and throwing juice all over myself and my computer, didn't our CEO come by, this time with his wife and kids in tow? So here I am barefoot, my shoes under the opposite side of my desk from where I am working. Of course I have to get up to shake hands with juicy fingers but not before doing a pirouette to scrunch my bare feet into my shoes. And hastily wiping my hands on my clothes (no towels paper or otherwise handy). Luckily his 8 year-old son noticed my 3 fish tanks on my desk (that's another story, which I'll save for another day) but not before our CEO made a comment about catching me without my "boots" on.....Needless to say, I was shall we say somewhat abashed and turned a bright shade of pink? In the vernacular of any teenager "I just wanted to die" Now how's that for creating a professional image?

So that was the day of my 10th anniversary here. It makes me wonder whether I'll get to see the next one.



No comments: