Wednesday, August 29, 2001

In Dina's absence, why don't we do as she requested and talk about our weddings, or tell good wedding stories? In will get us in the mood, if we aren't already, to heartily congratulate D & S on Saturday.

My own wedding was in May 1995. It was a pretty simple affair, done on the cheap (about 800$ total). We had the ceremony, then a restaurant lunch for which the guests paid 15$ each. Then we went back to our house for drinks and music and hors d'oeuvres supplied by my sisters. It was a good way to do things, I thought. We didn't expect gifts from our guests, and my husband chides me about that to this day (everytime we wish we had a food processor). I was very untraditional in my invitation list. I only invited people with whom we had a real relationship, so no aunts from Timbuktu or second-cousins from Ireland or whatever. I think I might have offended some people, but it was the only way to keep it small and intimate. It was just a fun day with good friends and close family. My biggest regret (besides Dave's suit) was the fact that none of his family came over from England for it. His dad had just been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and everyone was too shocked and scared to leave him or travel with him. TheAnyway, that's the story.

No comments: