Sunday, August 19, 2001


I've only ever been to two weddings in my life and at the second one, I missed the ceremony because my then boyfriend was late - a sign of things to come. So, the first wedding that I ever went to was Maggie's wedding and was it ever lovely. Maggie wore a beautiful wedding dress with a fitted top and long skirt, she looked fabulous - and so did Andrew (he was wearing something else though). The bridesmaid's dresses were also really pretty. The wedding was held in the town close to where I grew up, the Knowlton United Church...my parents also married there, I believe. Anyway, lovely ceremony. Maggie's dad and another guy played the guitar and flute, Kuan Yin and Alison sang a song. Maggie's little sister burst into tears as she hugged Maggie after the ceremony while pictures were being taken on the steps...I still get teary when I think about that. The reception was also great; it was out in the East Bolton (?), super location. Disposable cameras were available and everyone wandered around taking pictures. At one point, I wandered into a little barn hehind the hall and found inside the most gorgeous little kitty cats. Man, they were cute! We had a lot of fun dancing too, especially to the Village People's YMCA. The dinner was fantastic and we enjoyed super MC'ing by Terence. A great success.

Actually, oddly enough, the most recent "wedding" experience I had was one hot and sunny Sunday afternoon a couple of months ago: a wedding procession was passing by as a couple of friends and I were strolling through our neighbourhood. I decided I wanted to see what the bride was wearing, so I craned my head for a look into their car, saw the wedding dress, the happy bride and groom (complete and utter strangers) and the next thing I know, I'm crying right there on the street. Hm. So I had a creamsicle.

[Caroline's entry, posted by dina]

No comments: