Friday, August 10, 2001

Friday!
Whew! That's a bad week behind me! We're still standing around at work trying to count up who's gone on our fingers. We had a department meeting to discuss it and ask questions about where the company is heading. Nobody's talking about more layoffs, and I found out that the other writer and I are getting the software that we need for the online help (Webworks) - yay! Obviously, there's a priority to the product and user assistance is an important part of the product. If the product documentation wasn't so terrible, perhaps one of us would have been chosen. I guess it's that feeling of powerlessness, like the green aliens in toy story "the claw decides who will stay and who will go". If the climate ever gets better, contracting is definitely a way to avoid these situations. Anyway, I"m at my desk this morning, sitting in my crappy chair that hurts my back and I realised that many people have really nice, new chairs. I did it, I admit, I scavanged a chair from one of the empty desks and wheeled it over to my own. It was a true vulture thing to do, but my back is feeling so good now....

Tying the knot, literally -Invitations! Maggie met me at the door last night with the goodies. We (Steve, me, and Maggie) assembled and addressed and got them out! I tied almost all the little knot that keep the invites together. Some will be delivered today by hand. We had way too many printed, I mean WAYYYY TOOOOO MANYYYYY! You'll be seeing them again and again as coasters, gorcery lists, kindling and flyswatters. We also thought that maybe they'd come in handy for a renewal of vows or anniversary somewhere down the road. Thank you Maggie! Ok, so they're done and out, now stop bugging me already!

No comments: