Friday, August 03, 2001

Not having your hair done on your wedding day is a crime against I don't know what, but it is definitely a crime. I can't believe you wouldn't be able to afford it. (Does everybody out there agree with me? Dina, you're not allowed to comment on this, it's your hair and your wedding, and you have no say on this issue... ; - )

Also, it is highly recommended that you wear some (not alot) of makeup. The reason is very simple...Pictures! Even if you're not using a photographer, being prepared for the camera is really important. Somehow if your don't at least do a little, you will look washed out and brides should never look washed out even if they really are. (I know, this was one washed out bride on her wedding day, but judicious use of makeup covered up how sick I had been for the 2 weeks leading up to the "best day of my life".)

Also, make sure that you have the following: Something old, (preferably not underwear), something new (your dresss I guess), something borrowed (a necklace perhaps?), something blue. (The blue thing is usually a garter if you're going to have one.). Then one last thing, which may be impossible, but if you are superstitious as I am, you really shouldn't see Steve on your wedding day before you arrive at your appointed destination to marry. It is bad luck. Is there any way he can be housed somewhere else? Also, hope that it rains sometime on the day (early in the day). That too is good luck.

There, I think I've covered the non-essentials....Oh yeah, have fun too! (essential).

No comments: